[Image credit: MotoGP]

Marc Marquez admits the MotoGP Thailand grand Prix being run in wet conditions “saved my life” because it created the race less physical for his convalescent right arm.

The Honda rider pushed hard from the off in Thailand as he came to Buriram feeling like his recovering right shoulder may get on my feet to the strain.

Quickest in FP1 and qualifying eighth, Marquez went on to end the rain-lashed Thailand race fifth and solely missed out on success by 2.9 seconds.

However, he admitted after that he was glad of the wet conditions, as his arm felt “horrible” in the dry preparation session on Sunday morning.

“I mean, of course, I’m terribly happy,” Marquez aforementioned once asked to assess his first 3 races of his MotoGP comeback from a fourth major right arm operation.

“Honestly speaking, the rain conditions saved my life. it absolutely was the primary weekend wherever I approached the weekend full attack from FP1, and that I was riding as you saw on TV; aggressive, moving the bike, [managing] some shaking, saving the crashes.

“But [on Sunday] I got up and also the arm was very stiff. During the warm-up the sensation was horrible, However then I worked within the Clinica, and in the race, I used to be able to race in a smart way.

“There weren't any limitations on the physical condition.

“But we cannot forget that it’s working well, it’s within common steps in rehabilitation, particularly when you do 3 races in a row in your comeback.”

Marquez fought with Ducati’s Francesco Bagnaia late in the race for the ultimate spot on the podium, however, would eventually realize himself behind Pramac’s Johann Zarco.

The Honda rider says he was unable to seek out an area to force an overtake on Bagnaia because of the same old “problem when you are behind Ducatis”.

“I did a solid race, a touch like in Motegi. I started calm, step by step I found my rhythm and that I warm the tires during a smart way,” he added.

“Maybe within the 1st 5 laps I might have taken an additional risk, however, I simply said ‘ok, it’s time to try to do this sort of race currently I believe’.

“I was coming quicker and faster, but it’s the matter once you are behind those Ducatis. To overtake, you would like to be abundant, much quicker as a result of they're braking so late, stopping the bike, and particularly [they have] superb acceleration.

“It’s there wherever I catch Pecco, I didn’t realize an area to pass him because I was simply a touch faster than him however not enough.

“And then once Zarco overtook us, just from one corner to successive he was parallel. thus after you have an honest speed during this state of affairs it’s easier. excluding that, I’m very happy regarding my weekend.”